Wednesday 11 February 2015

Moroccanoil Hair Care

Moroccanoil is one of my favourite hair care brands. I first started using it nearly 2 years ago and it has done wonders for my hair. Those who know me are all too familiar with my hair problems and whilst I don't think that there will ever be a cure for my wild mane, there are certain products that definitely help.

If I were to describe my hair in 3 words it would be dry, course and frizzy. I often end up going round in circles because in order to help tame it I have to use the straighteners but this then makes the condition even worse and it becomes even more dry and frizzy and so I need to use the straighteners even more. It can be such a nightmare! Moroccanoil has been an absolute saviour and is one of my ultimate must-have products. Not only does it smell amazing but it leaves the ends of my hair feeling really soft and healthy which is exactly what it needs.

You can buy Moroccanoil in a variety of different forms ranging from the Oil Treatment to Hair Spray. I have currently only tried the Oil and the Styling Cream although I am definitely planning on trying more of their products. Next on my list is the Heat Styling Protection Spray.

The Oil Treatment comes in two different sizes; a smaller 25ml bottle or a 100ml bottle. Due to the difference in pricing I opted for the smaller bottle as I wanted to see the results before splashing out, however you only need to use a tiny amount so it has lasted me for quite a while. I apply a 20pence coin size amount to clean, damp hair before blow-drying and styling. Instantly my ends feels so much smoother and I can manage to get a comb through my hair with such ease. I then use a very small amount after styling to tame any fly-aways and to give a finished, glossy look. It's important to make sure that you only use a very small amount and are particularly careful to avoid the roots as it is an oil so too much could make the hair look greasy. I find that by applying  a small amount to the palm of my hands and rubbing them together  it distributes the oil more evenly across the hair.  The finished result leaves my hair feeling soft and silky- as soft as my hair will ever be- and best of all it smells gorgeous.

The price for the 25ml bottle is £13.45 and the 100ml bottle is £31.85.  I've bought this around 3 times now and have always just bought the smallest size however I have decided that when my current bottle runs out I will be buying the larger bottle as I have worked out that it is 4x the size for a lot less than 4x the price so it definitely works out to be a lot more cost efficient!

Hydrating Styling Cream.
This is a cream-based product so is a lot more weighty than the oil and therefore I would recommend using it on damp hair only rather than as a styling product. Moroccanoil does say that this can be applied to the ends of dry hair however I have found that it doesn't absorb into the hair as well and can leave it feeling heavy and limp. That aside, when used on wet hair it has lasting effects that makes my hair feel really healthy and hydrated.
Unlike the 125ml version of the Oil Treatment, this comes with a pump applicator making it really easy to dispense. Just pump a few squirts into the palm of your hands, rub them together and distribute evenly, particularly focusing on the ends. I would say that it's not entirely necessary to own both the oil and the cream as they more or less do the same thing- it just depends whether you want a lightweight or more dense product. I personally like to use both as I find that the cream gives my hair more of an intense hydration whilst the oil smoothes down my hair and adds a final touch of shine  .

I bought both of my products online from  Look Fantastic but they are also sold in most hair salons.

Have you used Moroccanoil products before? Or are you tempted to try it?

love Katya x

Follow me
BLOGLOVIN | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Beauty Harbour | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig